Nail fungus also stated as onychomycosis or tineaunguium is caused by a type of fungus called dermatophyte. It initiates with a white or yellow spot beneath the tip of toenail or fingernail. As the infection continues and goes deeper, the nail to become thicker, discolor and crumble at its edges. In its advanced stage, the affected nail may become very painful.
Symptoms of Nail Fungus
· Thickened nail
· Dull nail without any shine
· Distorted nail without shape
· Ragged, crumbly and brittle nail
· Darkened nail caused by debris build up underneath the nail
· Foul odor from the nail
Other than dermatophyte fungus other causes are;
· Yeast and
Tests and Diagnosis
This process starts by the examination of the affected nail preferably by a doctor. He or she may scrape some debris underneath the toe and send the samples for a lab test. Identifying the cause of infection help to prescribe the most appropriate treatment. The laboratory results should tell what type of fungus is causing the infection. According to ZetaClear In Stores, yeast and bacterial infections can mimic nail fungus infections. It’s thus, very important to identify the exact cause of infection.
The following habits can prevent nail fungus infection or re-infection
· Keeping nails short, dry and trimming the then filling thick ones
· Washing hands and feet with soap and water and thoroughly drying them
· Wearing socks that absorb sweat and changing them regularly especially if you have sweaty feet
· Not using old worn out shoes that can be a home to fungi and cause infection or re-infection
· If working with water like in the car wash industry, wear rubber gloves to prevent your hands from being wide-open to water.
· A doctor may recommend prescription drugs in addition to other approaches. Even if relief comes, care should be taken so that re-infection does not occur. The following are the most prescribed medication. The beautiful thing about Zetaclear is that it can be used even without doctor’s prescription.
· Oral antifungal medication like Zetaclear nail fungus formula that is effective in treating fungal infection and also helps new toe to grow without infection
· Medicated nail polish and medicated nail cream can also be prescribed
· In extreme cases, the nail can as well be removed